Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

I got a 530i and I disconnected the battery and the alarm

Customer Question

i got a 530i and I disconnected the battery and the alarm went of. I reconnected it but now it wont start
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: battery is charged. headlights I didn't check but other stuff in car works just wont turn over
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2002 530i with sport package
JA: Are you fixing your 530i yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just the battery now im reading stuff online trying to get an idea of what to do if its something easy I can do it if not I guess ill have to get it towed
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's all I know
Category: BMW
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey man how are you

Lets try this first ,this not my only answer but we need to start here :)

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When I do this the alarm goes off when I reconnect battery
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I did that and the alarm goes off when I reconnect battery. I put negative in first, then positive. The key wont disable the alarm either so I just disconnect the battery.

open all the doors and hood and trunk few times & lets make sure no alarm switches are stuck closed and causing the alarm to go off.then reset again

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat