Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My mini will only sputter but no turn over. I recently got

Customer Question

My mini will only sputter but no turn over. I recently got in a minor accident turning. The head light broke, passenger side, from attempting to turn. I swiped the back of a truck bumper. Now my car won't turn over. Just sputters. I opened the hood and the light case was pushed up and broken. 8 couldn't open it with out destroying the headlight case. It worked fine after the accident. It was the next morning this happened. It's a 2008 clubman Mini Cooper. Any ideas what I did?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.

what diagnostics have been carried out?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Nothing. I tried to start it. It sputtered. I attempted to to look under the hood but I can't get to it without completely tearing out the headlight unit, that's already broke. I have no knowledge of cars at all. They stress me out. I'm not sure what to do and I don't want to spend a bunch of money because I'm a women and havent a clue what to do or how to trouble shoot anything.
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
This is most likely a fuel delivery failure, usually a failed fuel pump. It could also be related to a no spark condition due to the accident. If you are not familiar with cars or have any diagnostic equipment then I would suggest you have the vehicle towed to a BMW/mini specialist, which you can find on www.bimmershops.com or www.bimrs.org
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.