BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

I WAS REPROGRAMMING A 2007 MINI AND AT THE BEGGINING OF THE

Customer Question
HI THERE, I WAS REPROGRAMMING...
HI THERE, I WAS REPROGRAMMING A 2007 MINI COOPER AND AT THE BEGGINING OF THE REPROGRAMMING AT THE CAS MODULE EVERYTHING SHUT OFF AND NOW I INSERT THE KEY AND NOTHING TURNS ON. I HAVE THE ISTA PROGRMMING COMPUTER TO DO THE REPROGRAMMING. I WAS REPROGRAMMING THE WHOLE VEHICLE BECAUSE THE PROBLEM WAS THAT YOU INSERT THE KEY IN AND PUSH THE START BUTTON AND IT WILL CRANK FOR ONE SECOND AND IT WOULD CUT OFF, THATS WHY I DECIDED TO REPROGRAM THE VEHICLE BUT NOW I HAVE THIS PROBLEM..
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 3 days by:
10/30/2016
BMW Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery and see if this allows operation again.If this does not work I have seen in allot of cases where when programming doesnt complete or fails this can damage one or more ecu's in your vehicle needing replaced.Usually the ecu that was being programmed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for the reply! I will do that tomorrow morning and reply back, thank you very much!!

Your welcome

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Good morning pete! I just finish taking apart the dashboard to take a look to the CAS and i opened it up and see in a little chip burnt out, what could of caused this? Do you think if i order another one it might happen the same thing? Have you gone thru this before burning a brand new cas? Or should not worry about it and get the new one? Well still i need to order it, im just worried that its gonna burn again...
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician