peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

Limp mode with no codes, there is no code, and yes put a new

Customer Question

limp mode with no codes
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: there is no code, and yes put a new battery but it popped up immediately again
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 2001 740i 105K miles
JA: Are you fixing your 740i yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I took it to a shop but they cannot figure it out. They scan it, but no codes, I tried two mechanics, and the new battery from reading online suggestion. Thats all
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It ran perfect until I ran out of gas, then this ever since. Also, for some reason radio turns off randomly also
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This sounds like 2 separate issues here.With the radio issue here this can be a fault with the radio itself with it needing replaced.As for the no start since this happened after running out of fuel this may be a fault with a restricted fuel filter or strainer on the pump as debris in the tank may have made its way with the fuel low clogging up these components here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete