BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

Positive battery terminal corroded and needed cleaning.

Customer Question
Disconnected it and cleaned, reconnected...
Positive battery terminal corroded and needed cleaning. Disconnected it and cleaned, reconnected. Now it won't start. Could this have damaged the on-board computer? 2001 325i
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 6 days by:
10/30/2016
BMW Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may have set off the vehicle theft system.Try locking and unlocking the car doors with the key or remote and see if it then starts and runs.If this does not work let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician