BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

2010 BMW 328i TPMS Is Inactive

Customer Question
2010 BMW 328i X-Drive's TPMS...
2010 BMW 328i X-Drive's TPMS says inactive. All tire sensors checked out fine.
I cannot reset the TPMS.
What can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/20/2016
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 1 year ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
How were the sensors checked? What is the last 7 digits of your VIN number?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had them check at NTB and my buddy has shop we used the device beside the tire, it measured temp, pressure and battery
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I understand my vehicle has one antenna, beside the battery in the trunk, is that correct?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
A651484
This vehicle has the following:
1. Electronics in each wheel transmitters in each wheel well.
2. A main antenna in the underbody towards the center of the vehicle.
3. A main control unit near the battery.
4. If you have tried the reset procedure and it will not reset, then it could be any of these components that is taking the system offline.
5. You need to also check fuse 13.
6. To verify, the car will need to be scanned with a factory BMW scan tool or equivalent.
If you need a shop for this to avoid dealer prices, check out http://www.bimmershops.com"
www.bimmershops.com
http://www.bimrs.org
www.bimrs.org
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I thought it was like fuse 45 or 46?
I would defer to your own fuse card but the bmw database shows 13. it is extremely unlikely to be a fuse in any event.
Please do not forget to click on a positive rating
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do appreciate you help and I know these cars are ridiculous to work on but it is hard to give a positive feedback when basically I got charged $26 to be told take it to a shop, NTB told me that for nothing

If you don't have access to a bmw scan tool that is beyond my control. You did ask "I understand my vehicle has one antenna, beside the battery in the trunk, is that correct?" and I have answered this and explained possible causes.

Steve
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert