peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

Have a 2006 x5 3.0 and I keep getting the code p1092 and BMW

Customer Question

Have a 2006 x5 3.0 and I keep getting the code p1092 and BMW code 235. Have looked at intake and found no leaks after the maf sensor. Code comes every two drives.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.This is me,Pete from your last question on this model as you wanted me to look at this here.

I dont show any info on code 235 but the info on P1092 can indicate a vacuum leak,possibly leaking intake gaskets or throttle body gaskets and in some cases this will require a smoke test to inject smoke into the intake to locate any hard to see leaks.This can also be a fault with the fuel filter restricted as well as a weak fuel pump.This issue is affecting both cylinder banks so I dont see this as a fault with the oxygen sensors but a failing or dirty mass air flow sensor will also cause this here.IN some cases you can purchase mass air flow sensor cleaner from a local parts store,remove the sensor and spray it off to clean it to correct this fault.But in some cases the sensor will need replaced.

All of these will need checked into to help in locating the fault for repair.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete