Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

I have a 2012 BMW 328i Convertible that has a hydraulic line

I have a 2012 BMW 328i Convertible that has a hydraulic line with a small hole in it. Can this be repaired with a compression fitting or the line be replaced. How do I add hydraulic fluid to the convertible top pump?

Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.
Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle, so patience is appreciated. Before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..

You may be able to repair it. Try your local parts or hardware store. Take a small piece on the line with you.

If not you will have to replace. The fill point in on the hyd pump/motor assy. Here is a photo of the pump and lines.

Number 1 is the pump/motor assy. The fill plug will be on that assy.

Remember if you rate me we can still continue the discussion

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Where is the pump/ motor assy located? How do I access it?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I need to know if the hydraulic lines can be repaired. I've never seen a fitting for this type of line.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do photo provided relates to a soft top. My vehicle is a hard top.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The photo provided relates to a soft top. My vehicle is a hard top.

Hi, perhaps I can help. My name is***** you please post the last 7 digits of your vin number so I can look up the information on your car?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
E821763

Good morning, the hydraulic pump for the roof is located underneath the luggage compartment floor. You will need to remove the flooring to access the pump. The pump is filled through the filler hole on the pump reservoir. I've attached a picture below. BMW does not make a repair kit for the lines. If the line is ruptured you should replace the line. Click here for a company that manufactures a compression fitting for certain size lines. You will need to check with them to see if they have a fitting to fit your line. You need BMW hydraulic fluid part # 54 34 0 394 395 for the pump.

Let me know if you need anything else. Please rate my service in order for the website to credit me for helping you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Marty, thank-you. Please provide instruction on bleeding the line after the repair.

The system will bleed itself. Just open and close the top several times after making the repair.

Let me know if you need anything else. Please remember to rate my service :-)

Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.