BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

The rear brakes on my 2004 BMW X5 were not operating at all.

Customer Question
JA: How many miles are...
JA: How many miles are on the car? Are these the orignial brakes?
Customer: When we pulled the hose and pumped the brakes we only got drips of fluid. We figured, bad master cylinder. We replaced the master cylinder and now the pedal is hard and immovable and we have no brakes at all.
JA: Are you fixing your X5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I stopped at the master cylinder. I wanted to do no more harm. I don't understand what could make the pedal that hard and the brakes to completely stop working.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
10/10/2016
BMW Mechanic: Kevin, BMW Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Kevin
Kevin, BMW Mechanic

Hi im kevin the most likely cause of your issue is the abs pump .sometimes the electronic valves inside can stick preventing fluid from getting to brakes .with regards ***** ***** pedal this is likely the same issue and the brakes need to be bled electronically to force the valves inside pump to open

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, BMW Mechanic