Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

I have a 2007 650 I convertible, has 72,000 miles, the car

Customer Question

I have a 2007 650 I convertible, has 72,000 miles, the car is perfect. I just started to experience the top opens half way, the windows go down, the hatch in the back opens all the way, and the top opens about 18 inches and all stops. It will close fine from there. what do we need to check or replace? Please help
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Yes, this has been a great car, no problems at all.
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have a friend that owns a shop that repairs BMWs and he said its a senser but does not know which one. He has never worked on a 650 I
JA: Got it. Anything else you want the BMW Mechanic to know before I set up your one-on-one?
Customer: No, It would be nice to just know how to procede. I have an extended warranty that covers it, but I do no want to wait for two weeks. I have tried to download a online service manual but can not find one.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
Do you get any warnings on the dash about the top?