BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

I have a problem with my idrive control system. I have a

Customer Question
Hi Good morning I have...
Hi Good morning I have a problem with my idrive control system. I have a 328i sedan 2011
JA: Are you fixing your Sedan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just bought and it looks like they drop soda on the idrive knob, I replaced it with a new one but it's still not working
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/23/2016
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 1 year ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What exactly does not work with the idrive ? Just the knob?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just bought it and the knob was full of dried up soda or something like that.... I replaced the icontrol system but it's still not working
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I was replacing the icontrol knob I didn't see any damage on the plug that it connects to in the inside
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the actual screen works if I use the voice command but I don't know whats wrong with the icontrol knob.

what is the last 7 of the vin of the car?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
a448084

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
.

on your vehicle, when the controller is replaced, it needs to be programmed using dealer programming equipment in order to work. It sounds like this has not been done, which is why the new controller is not working. You will need to take the vehicle to have the controller programmed.

.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

if there are no additional questions, as the question has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating
Steve
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert