BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

Drive train Malfunction. Checked the obdii codes and got

Customer Question
Drive train Malfunction....
Drive train Malfunction. Checked the obdii codes and got P0207 open injector in cylinder 7
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: P0207 It had 3 total. One saying pending, another saying confirmed, and a third saying permanent. I reset the codes and drove the car. It seemed to run fine until I encountered an incline that required more acceleration then the error message returned and the rough idle returned. I rechecked the codes and I had a new P0207 pending along with the preexisting P0207 permanent.
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 2013 550i xdrive
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I would like to. However this is my first BMW so I am being very cautious to learn as much as possible before actually working on it. All my experience has been with General Motors primarily and some Honda's & Ford's. So all I have done so far is run the codes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No. I would like to know if there are more tests that need to be completed to positively confirm the injector is the problem. Also I need to know if there are any precautions that need to be taken before or after replacing an injector.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
8/29/2016
BMW Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 1 year ago
mike switzer
If you have an open injector code most likely the injector itself is bad. Open codes are gor the most part pretty direct. What you can do is move injector number 7 to anoyher cylinder and see if the code moves. If the code moves then you know for certain it is the injector
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm sorry but this reply wasn't helpful and I had to take the car to a dealership to resolve my issue. I requested info to help me to feel comfortable accessing the injectors. The response was to switch two injectors and see if the problem followed the injector or not. That's obvious and not at all helpful.
mike switzer
mike switzer
mike switzer