Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Have a 535i made 09 oct 2010, N55, FR71. Sodt close Works

Customer Question

Hi, have a 535i made 09 oct 2010, N55, FR71. Sodt close Works well in doors but nor completely at trunk. trunk latch does not close 100%, remains semi closed, I have to press it down with my arms to a full lock. Lid goes up and down well. When stays semiclosed can not be opened by hand when doors lock general system is on, sois safe in some way. For extra data, only the message in the central panel tells me there is a problema.
JA: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?
Customer: in addition to above the lights of the trunk and the lid do not work. The car was checked at a BMW service and recommendation was to replace the system.
JA: Are you fixing your 535i yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Oh! i see now your note, no, not tried WD40.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: BMW service charged me 60 US to check the system, tried to adjust it, but no success.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
Can you please clarify what your question is about this? What information is it that you are seeking?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The trunk soft close system is not fully working, gets a semi closed position, seems that last pull from the electric motor is not working, in comparison with doors system. The control opens the lid, moves up and down the lid, no problema with that. A BMW official service checked the system and offer to replace the part. I am not sure and cost is high for a test. Also the buttons at the end of the lid do not work at all. And also the lights of the lid and inside the trunk do not work. Checked lamps and fuses and are ok.
Please your solution.
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
.

the solution is to replace the soft close latch
.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.