BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

Replace my power steering pump and fan but still doesn't

Customer Question
work JA: When was the fluid...
replace my power steering pump and fan but still doesn't work
JA: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?
Customer: no whining. I put new fluid in after the new pump install
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 2005 s
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced the pump and the fan
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I started to try and get to the FL4 fuse but came here to read further first
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the new fan runs but still no power steering
Answered in 1 day by:
8/6/2016
BMW Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Depending on what vehicle and system you have you may still have a bad pump but there could also be an issue with the steering rack, a restriction in the system, or if you have electric power steering then there may be an electrical issue preventing the pump from running. The only vehicle information posted with the question was the model year.

Do you have the VIN?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician