BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

My 2004 545i has a fault code 4E21 Electronic pressure

Customer Question
Hi Roger, My 2004 545i...
Hi Roger, My 2004 545i has a fault code 4E21 Electronic pressure control valve DTC status
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: 4E21 yes I reset it a few times
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. I performed a trans service on it using all dealer stuff
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: thats it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
8/5/2016
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 1 year ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What is the last 7 of the vin?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
CN66379

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
.

this code is usually caused by an internal seal inside the transmission that fails and causes false errors. the fix is to replace this internal seal and also the external mechatronics sealing sleeve at the same time

.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Steve
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert