BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

G'Day, I have a 2007 BMW E92 with a cd stacker in the boot

Customer Question
G'Day Steve, JA: OK. To minimize...
G'Day Steve,
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: I have a 2007 BMW E92 with a cd stacker in the boot as well as a front single loader in the car. Below this is a DVD slot for the navigation system. My radio sound just goes off at random intervals. Sound only, not the whole radio. Driving me nuts
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: Yip all radio fuses are good
JA: What is the model of your '07 BMW?
Customer: 325i E92, a two door coupe
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ive pulled the signal receiver in the rear windscreen off to see if any connections on that had come loose, nothing all good. Fuses, not much more than that
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The navigation with CD in stopped working all together
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
8/1/2016
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 1 year ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
does cd audio also cut out?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I dont own a CD to test that. I only listen to the radio, but will get one and test it ASAP.

ok please let me know the outcome.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok Bought a three pack CD (Disco Nights) and same problem there
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Steve you there? In connection to your previous question, yes m8 the CD audio also cuts out

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
.

the problem is almost certainly that the amplifier is failing and needs to be replaced. in a rare case it could be the main idrive computer that is failing but if only the audio and no other functions are cutting out, it points to the amp. you can try unhooking the vehicle battery for an hour to reset the systems but that is usually only a temporary fix if it works at all - most likely you will need a new amp fitted.

.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cool where can I find this amp? I'll pull it out and get a new one
Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating. it is located in the luggage compartment behind the left side trim panel. Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating
as the question has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating
Steve
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert