BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

I hope someone can get me a answer on this,2008 bmw 550i n62

Customer Question
engine,has 2c9d code,combustion misfires on...
I hope someone can get me a answer on this,2008 bmw 550i n62 engine,has 2c9d code,combustion misfires on 1 and 3 cyclinders,has new plugs,new coils on cylinders,if I unplug the maf sensor the misfires go away,but it will then start to knock on bank one badly...
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
7/27/2016
BMW Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not had the fuel injectors tested to see if one or more injectors are atomizing incorrectly this needs done.I have seen issues with the injectors that can cause this fault here and disconnecting the mass air flow sensor may help the computer accommodate for the excess or missing fuel from the affected injectors allowing it to smooth out somewhat.In some cases the injectors can be cleaned to correct this and in other cases the affected injectors would need replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did a injector leak test, tested fuel pressure,reset the servtronic motors,adjusted lift to 0.8mm ,replaced plugs,and swapped coils,replaced the 02 sensor because it was bad,checked overhead pressure by 0.7 bars in spec.reset adaptation values,reset fuel mixture,and updated software for dme. I also adjusted the idle values on both blocks, and I have diagnosed the vehicle with having a bad eccentric shaft.A shop replaced the valve seals,and didnt do a valvetronic relearn on the shaft and didnt install the servtronic motors correctly..They started the car and scored the shaft...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
car ran fine until they installed vale seals,also the injectors were swapped on the misfiring cylinders,,,still no change
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
NOTE: unplugging the maf causes hard pinging,and idle gets worse but no misfires...live data entails the fuel consumption doesnt change for compensation after maf removal.

This is a difficult one for me to answer myself here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

BMW Mechanic: Eurocar inc, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Eurocar inc
Eurocar inc, ASE Certified Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

ARE THE MISFIRES ONLY WHEN COLD?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the car has been diagnosed..i removed the rocker cover and inspected the shaft..its damaged...new shaft is being installed..
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
misfires were cold or hot operating..
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i used Bmw ista d 3.56 with A2 icom,.inpa,.and autel maxysis for data and testing..

OK MAKE SURE TO DO RELEARN AFTER GETTING RUNNING . RESET THE ADAPTIVES BACK TO BASE.

MAKE SURE OF CARBON IN THE INTAKE PORTS TOO . I HAVE SEEN THAT !!! RESTRICTING AIR FLOW!!

Eurocar inc
Eurocar inc
Eurocar inc, ASE Certified Technician