BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

I have an 2004 330ci with an over heat issue. while driving

Customer Question
i have an 2004...
i have an 2004 330ci with an over heat issue. while driving and five minutes after the temperature needle reaches 12 oclock I notice the it slowly overheats. I open the hood and also notice the fan is running slow. now I have replaced the fan, thermostat, coolant sensor, and expansion tank. I am still having the same problem. please help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
7/24/2016
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 1 year ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What kind of help are you seeking with this? Did you want to know possible causes?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
At first I thought it was the fan so u purchased a new one but still having the same issue. The fan slows after a few minutes of driving.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know the cause but I would appreciate any help I can get
The fan initially runs fast then slows down?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I noticed while it's running fast my air condition is blowing cold but when the fan slows down my car overheats and I lose cold air
Which coolant sensor did you replace?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Lower hose sensor
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I also replaced the small black box located above the fan but then was told it had nothing to do with the radiator fan
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is this something common?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Steve are you there
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Never received an answer
Roger, BMW Master Tech