BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

Same as this guy My air conditioner just quit working in my

Customer Question
1999 BMW 528i. Compressor is...
Same as this guy My air conditioner just quit working in my 1999 BMW 528i. Compressor is not kicking in, the low pressure line has extremely high pressure, and the two fuses in the glove box that say "AC" are good. AC was working pretty well considering the 100 to 117 degree days we have been having in Texas. I am a good backyard mechanic and I do almost all of the mechanic work on my Ford, Chevy and Hyundai. Just got the BMW three months ago so this is my first project on the BMW. I can't find a Haynes Manual on this one of any info to trace out where to find the relay. I need some help runnig down a check list of prcedures to figure out my problem
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: 150 Battery is new
JA: What is the model of your '99 BMW?
Customer: 2000 528i E39
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Pressure was high on low side let out some 134a that might have been a mistake. Need to find relay so I can force clutch to engage
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
7/14/2016
BMW Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Normal pressure on a full system with the compressor not running should be right at 100 to 110 on both the low side as well as the high side. The compressor not running can be caused by any of the following,

Ron, ASE Certified Technician