BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

2007 BMW 525i.....BMW MECHANIC ONLY PLEASE! Changed AC

Customer Question
2007 BMW 525i.....BMW MECHANIC ONLY...
2007 BMW 525i.....BMW MECHANIC ONLY PLEASE!
Changed AC compressor ...Compressor will not engage....Radiator fan not comming on.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/5/2016
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 1 year ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert

what diagnostics have been carried out? why was the compressor changed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Yes....Old compressor clutch fell off.

Re-used water pump.....BUT did not spin it before re-installation.(Per note on all data)!!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Compressor clutch fell apart.

We forgot to spin the water pump prior to re-install !! Alldata had a note to spin the pump.

How do I check the Radiator fan.

BMW Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If nothing was done other than change the compressor I would first suspect the compressor isn't engaging because of low charge, assuming the compressor is good and no damage was done during the repair.

Was the system charged with a recovery machine after the compress was installed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Morning Sorry.....Took to dealer ...now fixed....Answer took too long.

I'm glad you got it repaired.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician