BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

I got a code28a23, also2004 bmw 325i sdn, 2004, yes, i got

Customer Question
i got a code28a23 JA: What...
i got a code28a23
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: also2004 bmw 325i sdn
JA: What year is your BMW 325I?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i got other codes also
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: 2783
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: 278c
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
6/22/2016
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 1 year ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
can you please confirm all codes that you have and what you would like to know about them?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2004 bmw 325i sdn ,
codes as follow
28A2
2783
278C
27C3
the vehicle drives very sluggish and seems like the catalytic converter was clugged up.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the vehicle has no power, we have changed the idle control valve, it was giving me the code
for that..please advise me . thank you

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

.

thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

.

this is most likely due to a failed airflow sensor or air leak / restriction.

.

I would suggest replacing the airflow sensor.

..

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Steve
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert