BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

Driver door and gas door won't open, Yes and low mileage,

Customer Question
Driver door and gas door...
Driver door and gas door won't open
JA: How has your mileage been lately? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: Yes and low mileage
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 2008 x5
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2009
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The valet opened the door but then couldn't open it when he dropped off the car
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
6/19/2016
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 1 year ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

.

thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

.

I would check all fuses specified for central locking on your fuse card if you have not.

.

if no fuses are blown then this is likely a control module fault. you can attempt to reset it by unhooking the vehicle battery for an hour. if the issue remains, a new module may need to be fitted.

.

in the meantime, you can use the manual release for the fuel door to access the fuel filler. here are the instructions to do so: https://app.box.com/s/7z97t3clc1xoa4pmcitwa5ly7omu1153

..

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

if there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating
Steve
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert