BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

My daughter has lost my car key to my 2004 bmw 330ci : I

Customer Question
My daughter has lost my...
My daughter has lost my car key to my 2004 bmw 330ci
JA: In addition to the key, do you also have a key fob? Do you have a key code?
Customer: I have my work keys inside and it's urgent is there a way of getting in?
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: As above
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I've tried calling locksmiths with no hrlp
JA: Is there anything else the BMW Mechanic should be aware of about your BMW?
Customer: They don't have the part
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
6/13/2016
BMW Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately the only way to gain access inside the vehicle is with a new key or a AAA company to come out and use their slim jim tools to open the door.In some cases on some models the drivers door has a lock cylinder and a new key blade can be obtained from a dealer but most of the time the dealer has to order this in for you unfortunately.Usually they can do this over night if not ordered to late in the day.

The only other option besides obtaining a new key from a dealer is a AAA company with their slim jim tool.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you Pete I'm in Penrith, and I've rang locksmiths and no one can get into a bmw any other suggestions?

Your welcome.

Unfortunately these are the only options here on this.Either a AAA company or lock smith can try and use their slim jim tools to unlock and access the inside of the vehicle or a new key obtained from a dealer.BMW as well as a few other manufacturers are set up this way unfortunately.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete

BMW Mechanic: Virtual Wrench, BMW Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, BMW Mechanic

.

If there is anything else I can help with here let me know as I see someone else hsas posted a (.) here after I posted last.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician