BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

2003 bmw 745li dynamic drive inactive. Nothing. Thats the only code and passenger restraint belt...

Customer Question
2003 bmw 745li dynamic drive...
2003 bmw 745li dynamic drive inactive
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with BMW. The BMW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: ok
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Is there anything else the BMW Mechanic should be aware of about your BMW?
Customer: thats the only code and passenger restraint belt
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
6/2/2016
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 1 year ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What exactly was your question about this? What did you want to know?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what causes the dynamic drive inactive on my 2003 745LI bmw

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

.

thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

.

The dynamic drive warning message is not specific to any one thing, it simply indicates a failure somewhere within the dynamic drive system. It is only intended to inform the driver there is a problem, not to facilitate trouble shooting. This is a very complex system with a number of components that are prone to failure.

.

There are many things that can cause this error. A failing alternator, a failure of the dynamic drive module, a bad steering angle sensor, a low fluid level in the system or some other sway bar or sensor issue.

.

When this warning comes on, the car’s computer logs a record of the fault which has triggered it. So, the only way to determine what has failed is to have the fault memory read from the vehicle using a proper BMW scan tool. Once the faults are read, they will point you to the failure which can be rectified, and proper functionality restored (and the warning turned off).

.

if you need a properly equipped shop to save $ vs. the dealer check out www.bimmershops.com or www.bimrs.org for options.

.

sorry if you were hoping for a different answer but I trust that my honest reply is appreciated.

.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

if there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
driver side headlamp want to burn replace bulb but still want work

hi, if you have a new question about your headlight, it will need to be posted as its own thread per site policy. As the present question regarding dynamic drive has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating

has some part of your original question not been answered?

Steve
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert