BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

I have my 2006 BMW 3 series and a light related with

Customer Question
leveling light is coming on...
I have my 2006 BMW 3 series and a light related with leveling light is coming on every time I started to driving, after few seconds will go off again.
What I need to change to get rid of that light ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
5/31/2016
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 1 year ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert

what does " light related with leveling light " refer to specifically?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is the light

okay. what exactly is your question about this light? what diagnostics have been carried out? what faults are logged in the car's fault memory?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
THIS IS WHAT COMPUTER SHOWS. * adaptive headlight failure. NEED TO HAVE LIGHTS modded
you have not had the actual faults read from the car? I am still not sure what your question is about this?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is that Light related with ?

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

.

thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

.

you have asked "What is that Light related with ? "

.

this light means "adaptive headlight failed"

.

usually this is caused by a failure of the headlight swivel mechanism or control unit. You will need to have the fault logs scanned from the car using a BMW scan tool to verify the exact nature of the underlying trigger as this is only a driver warning light

.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Steve
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert