Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Farrukh JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details

Customer Question

hi ,farrukh
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: bmw 745i. code problems E65 P2187 and P2189 codes p0300
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
P2187 and P2189 are lean running codes
p0300 is a misfire code
typically lean running and related misfires are caused by an intake air leak or failed crankcase ventilation system.
other possible causes would be a failed airflow sensor, temp sensor or o2 sensor, but most likely the cause is an air leak or crankcase ventilation system failure, so you will need to have both checked for as a first step
if you need a good non dealer shop for this repair to save $, check out www.bimmershops.com or www.bimrs.org for options
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
P2187 and P2189 are lean running codes
p0300 is a misfire code
..