BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your

Customer Question
Hi, JA: Thanks. Can you give...
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have an x3 throwing as code 28A2 and at high revs (full throttle) engine cuts off eml,dsc,abs on. Shut off engine and restart car drives ok
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have checked intake manifold, breather valve,idle valve ,DISA motor and tried another throttle housing,
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
STILL WAITING
4/12/2016
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 1 year ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
What is the last 7 digits of the vin?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
WB67506
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
this code points to a likely failed airflow sensor or intake air leak.
a proper test plan should be run with a factory BMW scan tool to verify, but in the absence of such testing I would look for air leaks and replace the airflow sensor
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
still waiting for an answer!!
you are still waiting for an answer? I answered already and can see it above in the thread
this code points to a likely failed airflow sensor or intake air leak.a proper test plan should be run with a factory BMW scan tool to verify, but in the absence of such testing I would look for air leaks and replace the airflow sensorPlease let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.
Steve
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert