BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

X5: my 2003 bmw x5 3.0 turns over and starts fine but idles

Customer Question
my 2003 bmw x5 3.0...
my 2003 bmw x5 3.0 turns over and starts fine but idles a bit and just dies i check fuses change alternator fuel filter and checked the fuel pump it works fine and im out of options can you please help me by letting me know what can i do to fix this problem
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
4/12/2016
BMW Mechanic: Edward, Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Edward
Edward, Service Technician
Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. Do you happen to have or have access to an OBD II type scanner? I would like to see if any codes are being set. Is the check engine light on by chance when it is running? thanks.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes we check it and 1code pops up p0455
Alright, give me just a second.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay so any suggestions can you tell me what do I need to fix it please
I've looked and I can't find out why this P0455 would make it not run. Let me opt out in case another expert has seen this problem. When I opt out another expert can assist. Thank you.
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 1 year ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked. As there is more than one expert involved please take care to
you have a large leak in your fuel system. You need to have the system smoke tested to identify the location of the leak, then repair it
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Steve
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert