Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

98 323 is, p105 error code idle control electrical solenoid,

Customer Question

98 323 is, p105 error code idle control electrical solenoid, is this the solenoid inside the idle control vale or is there an external one?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: very low idle speed, stalls a lot
JA: Anything else I can tell the BMW Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: that's the main issue
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
it is the idle control valve itself. there isn't anything external to it. you need to check the wiring to the valve to be sure there is no issue there but most likely the valve simply needs to be replaced.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
..