Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have an 09 328i coupe. The codes that came up were P1056,

Customer Question

I have an 09 328i coupe. The codes that came up were P1056, P105B, and P1030.. What do they mean?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The car will start after a couple tries. And when I finally get it to drive, it sometimes will not go past 1000 rpms
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help.

P1056....Variable Valve Timing - Supply Voltage Control Motor Circuit Low (Bank 1)...which means the step motor controlling the valve timing is not functioning correctly.

P105B Internal Control Module VVT Error, Voltage Too Low

P1030 BMW - Valvetronics Monitoring Sluggish Movement

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. What are some common solutions to resolve these problems?

You are very welcome. First low voltage from a faulty battery and charging system could cause or start this problem so verify the battery and charging system tests good. Check for shorts or current draws if the battery and charging system check ok. Check for bad grounds and corrosion in the wiring harness and connectors. If ok then you could have a faulty VVT motor.