BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

I have an 09 328i coupe. The codes that came up were P1056,

Customer Question
P105B, and P1030.. What do...
I have an 09 328i coupe. The codes that came up were P1056, P105B, and P1030.. What do they mean?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The car will start after a couple tries. And when I finally get it to drive, it sometimes will not go past 1000 rpms
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/25/2016
BMW Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help.

P1056....Variable Valve Timing - Supply Voltage Control Motor Circuit Low (Bank 1)...which means the step motor controlling the valve timing is not functioning correctly.

BMW Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago

P105B Internal Control Module VVT Error, Voltage Too Low

BMW Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago

P1030 BMW - Valvetronics Monitoring Sluggish Movement

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you. What are some common solutions to resolve these problems?
BMW Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago

You are very welcome. First low voltage from a faulty battery and charging system could cause or start this problem so verify the battery and charging system tests good. Check for shorts or current draws if the battery and charging system check ok. Check for bad grounds and corrosion in the wiring harness and connectors. If ok then you could have a faulty VVT motor.

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson