sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My battery went bad in my 2010 Mini Clubman and the

Customer Question

My battery went bad in my 2010 Mini Cooper Clubman and the components stop working before I replaced the battery and after the battery has been successfully install the components, i.e. turn signal, windows, inside timed panel light, still do not work. I'm getting an error code "Engine management does not recognized the intelligent battery sensor" and "IBS power supply interrupted" and "BSB between BME/BDE & IBS (break short circuit loose contact)". Can you help please?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Kenny replied 1 year ago.

There is a sensor on the negative battery cable called the IBS it sounds like it became unplugged during the battery replacement. I would check to make sure it is plugged in or the wire was not damaged during the battery replacement.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Foot well module, could it cause the problem?
Expert:  Kenny replied 1 year ago.

No it doesn't sound like it is the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doesn't the footwell module control components like the interior lights and the turn signals, emergency lights, power windows? We have checked the negative cable but there is not a sensor on it. is there anything else that you recommend checking?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Have all fuses been checked?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they have. None was identified as blown.

Do you have a scan tool that will communicate with all modules?

Where the previously mentioned codes found?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IBS power supply interrupted & BSB BME/BDE & IBS circuit break loose contact. Also engine management doesn't recognize the intelligent battery sensor. Yes the scan tool reading all modules.

I did see those codes listed. Were they found in the engine controller; if so do you have the actual P code numbers?