BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

My battery went bad in my 2010 Mini Clubman and the

Customer Question
My battery went bad in...
My battery went bad in my 2010 Mini Cooper Clubman and the components stop working before I replaced the battery and after the battery has been successfully install the components, i.e. turn signal, windows, inside timed panel light, still do not work. I'm getting an error code "Engine management does not recognized the intelligent battery sensor" and "IBS power supply interrupted" and "BSB between BME/BDE & IBS (break short circuit loose contact)". Can you help please?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
3/10/2016
BMW Mechanic: Kenny, BMW Technician replied 2 years ago
Kenny
Kenny, BMW Technician

There is a sensor on the negative battery cable called the IBS it sounds like it became unplugged during the battery replacement. I would check to make sure it is plugged in or the wire was not damaged during the battery replacement.

Foot well module, could it cause the problem?

No it doesn't sound like it is the problem.

Doesn't the footwell module control components like the interior lights and the turn signals, emergency lights, power windows? We have checked the negative cable but there is not a sensor on it. is there anything else that you recommend checking?
BMW Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Have all fuses been checked?

they have. None was identified as blown.

Do you have a scan tool that will communicate with all modules?

Where the previously mentioned codes found?

IBS power supply interrupted & BSB BME/BDE & IBS circuit break loose contact. Also engine management doesn't recognize the intelligent battery sensor. Yes the scan tool reading all modules.

I did see those codes listed. Were they found in the engine controller; if so do you have the actual P code numbers?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician