BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I just purchased used 2013 535i with 48,500 miles on it.

Customer Question
I just purchased used...

I just purchased used 2013 535i with 48,500 miles on it. this car was checked out by the Manheim auto and found no issues. During past couple of days, after parking the car, we could not get out of the car because doors were locked and would not open so we had to use car key to unlock the door. We are concerned. I would like to know why this is happening and what company you recommend for me to take in for through inspection.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a BMW. The BMW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

I am not a mechanic. This car is still under the warranty by BMW 50,000 miles. Most likely I will take this car to the dealership if need to be fixed. I wanted professional opinion before taking it in.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the BMW Mechanic should be aware of about your BMW?

Power trunk open does not work properly. It takes 10 tries to open the trunk.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
3/8/2016
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 2 years ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
This would likely be a footwell module fault which is the module that controls locking
The only place you can have this fixed is a BMW dealer, and given he car is under warranty this is the only place you can get it fixed free
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.