BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Glove box won't open but key turns both ways. Passenger door…

Customer Question
Glove box won't open...

Glove box won't open but key turns both ways. Passenger door locked shut. Won't open period not even from inside handle. Button on the console doesn't link or um lock anything but makes a noise. Put the key in the driver's door turns both ways and nothing. 2002 330ci

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a BMW. The BMW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes if I can

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?

Other than using the key And button on cond

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
3/7/2016
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 2 years ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
what exactly was your question about this?
Did you read the issues?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Passenger door won't open. Glove box won't open
Drivers door won't lock or until lock with the key
I read the issues, I am not sure what your question is about them, though, as no question is asked.
I have proposed a phone call.
Well the question is what do I do. About the issues.
Don't want to pay extra for phone call
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
you most likely need to have your general module replaced to correct the issues
if you turn the key far enough in the door or glove box both should open
you will also want to check fuses just to be sure so if the glove box won't open you will need to pry / force it to so you can check fuses
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
if there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating
It was the door actuator
Great glad it is sorted. Please kindly click on a positive rating to complete the question and ensure I receive credit for my time and answer out of the funds you have already paid
But your diagnosis was incorrect. I still have to pay?
I gave the best diagnosis possible based on information available to me. The issue always needs to be verified hands on. You have already paid to ask your question, selecting a rating of ok or higher releases my compensation from your payment which has already been made
Steve
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert