Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

I have an ignition malfunction, on BMW X3,

Customer Question

hi I have an ignition malfunction
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: on BMW X3
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
what exactly is your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My BMW X3 wont start. No crank no start issue. And the dashboard indicates a ignition malfunction issue. Is this a integrated supply box replacement? My car has 50000 miles and its 2011 make.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
what year and engine is your X3?
what dashboard indication are you getting exactly?
what exactly does the car do when you try to start it? does it click? do the lights dim? does anything at all happen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2011 BMW X3 35i. The dashboard indicates that there is an ignition malfunction with check engine light and the car won't start. The lights do not dim and battery is fine even if hooked to charge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2011 BMW X3 35i. The dashboard indicates that there is an ignition malfunction with check engine light and the car won't start. The lights do not dim and battery is fine even if hooked to charge. It clicks and everything is normal except the ignition.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
where does the click come from?