BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have an ignition malfunction, on BMW X3,

Customer Question
Hi I have an...

Hi I have an ignition malfunction

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

On BMW X3

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2016
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 2 years ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
what exactly is your question?
My BMW X3 wont start. No crank no start issue. And the dashboard indicates a ignition malfunction issue. Is this a integrated supply box replacement? My car has 50000 miles and its 2011 make.
what year and engine is your X3?
what dashboard indication are you getting exactly?
what exactly does the car do when you try to start it? does it click? do the lights dim? does anything at all happen?
2011 BMW X3 35i. The dashboard indicates that there is an ignition malfunction with check engine light and the car won't start. The lights do not dim and battery is fine even if hooked to charge.
2011 BMW X3 35i. The dashboard indicates that there is an ignition malfunction with check engine light and the car won't start. The lights do not dim and battery is fine even if hooked to charge. It clicks and everything is normal except the ignition.
where does the click come from?