BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Ok I got the code to clear now when I come to a stop the car…

Customer Question
Ok I got the code...
Ok I got the code to clear now when I come to a stop the car is idling rough, any suggestions ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
3/6/2016
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 2 years ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
can you please provide more context about this?
what year and model is your car? what code are you referring to? how did you clear it? etc etc
I have a 03 BMW Z4 and the code was P1344 misfire on cyl 2, but now when I drive it and come to a stop it is idling a little rough, any suggestions ?
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
you have asked for "any suggestions"
my suggestions are you check for an intake air leak, failed crankcase ventilation system, bad plugs/coils or low fuel pressure
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
I replaced the plugs, but I am not getting any codes.
Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating
I did not know you replaced the plugs as you did not inform me of this. If that is the case then disregard that suggestion
I know you are not getting any codes, I answered as such. These are the most common things that would cause rough idle, per your request for suggestions. As the question has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating
As he question has been answered please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating