BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

My door lock is broken. Car is locked. Remote not working.

Customer Question
My door lock is...

My door lock is broken. Car is locked. Remote not working. Whats best way to enter vehicle?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a BMW. The BMW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

I have a new replacement key. All I need is a way into the vehicle.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes. Where are you located?

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far? Is there anything else the BMW Mechanic should be aware of about your BMW?

Have not tried anything yet.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
3/4/2016
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 2 years ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What year and model ?
hello Steve
e46 2004 model
Hello. Are you still there?
sorry for the delay I was not notified of your response. did you still need help with this?
Thank you,
From Isaac
The car is a 318i BMW. Model year is 2004.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
if turning the key manually in the door or boot/trunk lid does not work then a door wedge or similar professional entry tool will be required.
if the car has no electrical power and you can get into the boot/trunk or in under the bonnet/hood then you can jump power to the car and see if the remote or turning the key in the boot lid will open other doors - this is only if the car has no electrical power, otherwise an entry tool will be required as I said
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.