Kenny
Kenny, BMW Technician
Experience:  BMW Master Certifed level 1 Technican
14969438

2000 BMW 328i, I have an intermittently loss of power at

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2000 BMW 328i, I have an intermittently loss of power at times, EML light and DSC light, Check engine light on. What needs to be replaced? The BMW dealer changed out the throtle body but this did not correct the problem.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Kenny replied 1 year ago.

What you describe sounds like a throttle body problem.Seeing how it was replaced that isn't the issue, I have seen several engine wiring harness fail and cause this issue. The female pins on the harness where it connects to the throttle body wear out and loosen up and cause a poor connection. BMW does not allow wiring repairs for throttle body engine harness, It will need to be replaced.