BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

2000 BMW 328i, I have an intermittently loss of power at…

Customer Question
2000 BMW 328i, I...

2000 BMW 328i, I have an intermittently loss of power at times, EML light and DSC light, Check engine light on. What needs to be replaced? The BMW dealer changed out the throtle body but this did not correct the problem.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
3/4/2016
BMW Mechanic: Kenny, BMW Technician replied 2 years ago
Kenny
Kenny, BMW Technician

What you describe sounds like a throttle body problem.Seeing how it was replaced that isn't the issue, I have seen several engine wiring harness fail and cause this issue. The female pins on the harness where it connects to the throttle body wear out and loosen up and cause a poor connection. BMW does not allow wiring repairs for throttle body engine harness, It will need to be replaced.