BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Turned my flashers on & now they wont turn off 2000 328i, I…

Customer Question
Turned my flashers on...

Turned my flashers on & now they wont turn off 2000 328i

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a BMW. The BMW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

I push the button for the flashers but they wont turn off

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

If I can yes if not at least disable it until I can get it in. Service is a long ways awat

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/28/2016
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 2 years ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
The problem is the switch itself has failed internally - very very common
You will need to replace the switch
For now you can just remove the switch and disconnect it
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle
Hello and welcome,
You will need to replace the switch
.