Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 2005 bmw x5 with a 4x4 light on scanned got a 5EBF

Customer Question

i have a 2005 bmw x5 with a 4x4 light on scanned for code got a 5EBF steering angle sensor internal....so i replaced the sensor and cleared the code...started the car the light was not on turned the steering the light came back on with a code 4 LWS slider fault (adjustment operation.....is it possible to install this sensor in the wrong possition....
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
the answer to your question is no, it is not possible to install this in the wrong position.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you have any idea why i would get a fault for slider adjustment...if the calibration was done
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating
possibly a defective steering angle sensor or faulty abs/dsc module
as the question has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating