BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Are we active?
,, didn't know we were live, came in a…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** we active?

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Hi Jerry, didn't know we were live, came in a side door I guess.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
This is my question: could the improper installation of either the guibo joint or both crank case vent valves or parts removed and replaced in their installation cause the car within 112 miles to start running rough, car vibrates, and stalls letting out large cloud of white smelly smoke from tail pipe and no visible smoke under hood and freezing up engine and in inspecting one cause found coolant in oil pan...my understanding that hydro-locked could have happened if oil reached intake manifold..thank you
2006 BMW 750LI
2/21/2016
BMW Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the components were not installed correctly this is possible to cause this issue here.White smoke can generally indicate a head gasket leak as well as the coolant in the oil pan.I suspect this may be what is occuring here more then anything else.I would have a block test done to see if a head gasket leak is present causing this here.This is a quick test most shops can do taking less then an hour and you can purchase a block tester from a local parts store as well to do this testing.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete