BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

, I have a E60 (535i 2008). My car was park 3 weeks.

Customer Question
I have a E60...

I have a E60 (535i 2008). My car was park for almost 3 weeks. Now doesn't move. When I put the car in drive he put parking by itself.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
2/21/2016
BMW Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Can you please explain what you mean when you say "When I put the car in drive he put parking by itself."? Are you saying the transmission goes into gear but dose not move? Post back with complete details and I will try and help you with this.

Thnaks your reply. My car has an electronic gear selector. I select Drive in the gear selector ann almost inmediatly the car goes from drive to parking by itself. Something I feel and hear a car enagage in drive. But if I try to move the car inmediatly the car by itself engage in parking, so I can't move the car.Replace the Trans sealing sleeve and replace the fluid, becase I saw a little leak coming from the trans. After that the car still stuck on parking. My car never has a transmission problem before and has only 72,000. The odrive says trans malfunction contact, parking will be not possible to engage. The mil light its off.The problem start when I try to start the car after almost 3 weeks without turn it in on. Really random.The only other thing i can remenber is that maybe 2 or 3 days before i park the car the battery was, so was teplace with a new one .If you need any other info please let my know as soon as possible.ThanksRey

REY,

In order to be able to get some idea of what is failing we are going to need to start with a code scan, if you are able to can you connect a scan to to the system and see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting. Post back with them and we can work from there.

Ok. I will try to do that tomorrow.

Okay, Im here tomorrow as well, post back when you can and we can work from there.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician