BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have a vibration under light accel you can feel it through…

Customer Question
I have a vibration...

I have a vibration under light accel you can feel it through the whole car dosent do it untill you drive for a while and it will do it at different speeds but i can almost get it to do a 2000 rpm around 60 mph

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a BMW. The BMW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

I'm a tech and this car is throwing me for a loop

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the BMW Mechanic should be aware of about your BMW?

I replaced the flex rubber on the drive shaft and also the center bearing

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
2/21/2016
BMW Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I will try and help you with this but in order to do so I need to know what year and model your BMW is , post back with complete information and I will try and help you with this.

2008 528i 3.0

With everything you have already tried, have you considered having a Road force balance done on all four wheels to make sure its not a tire and or rim concern?

I thought about but it does it at different speeds and you have to drive for a 20 30 mins before it will do it and the it get worse from there

Having a road force balance would sure rule out a tire and or rim concern. I would sure consider having one done. BMW released a service bulletin dealing with a tire concern much like the one you are describing. See it in the link below to see if it may apply. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Tire%20TSB%20Feb%2021.pdf

I'll take it to work tomorrow and try it

I would to at least rule it out.

I talk to my customer she said the vibration was there and the she had new tire put on vibration was still I saw today one cv axle was spinning un true I ordered will see if you have any other ideas let me thanks

A bad axle could do it as well. Let me know the results and we can work from there.