BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Thanks time, I have a 2003 325i, and it has a constant

Customer Question
Thanks for your time ...

Thanks for your time

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I have a 2003 325i, and it has a constant clicking noise coming from behind the glovebox, sounds like a relay switch clicking

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
2/20/2016
BMW Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You're most likely hearing an actuator on the heater box. The doors in the heater box are controlled by electrical actuators. When an actuator fails or if a door is biding then it can cause the actuator to click as the door stops and actuator continues to try and move when it should stop. Most often this is a failure of the offending actuator itself. in the area you're hearing it from the most likely actuator to make the noise would be the recirculation door.