BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Where is and what number is the fuse license plate lights on…

Customer Question
Where is and what number...
Where is and what number is ***** fuse for the license plate lights on a 525i 2007 BMW. I changed the lights but they still do not work.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
2/19/2016
BMW Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thank you for your question,

There are two fuses that power the lighting control module which powers the exterior lights as well as the License plate lights. The two fuse are the F 5 and F6 both located in the interior fuse panel. If the exterior light are working then it not likely they are blown. Power to the lights comes out of the lighting control module on pins #3 and pin #49 . I would start with checking to see if you have power out of the module on these pins with the lights on. If you find you do not then you are looking at a bad lighting module. See the wiring diagram for reference in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it. Post back if you have more questions and or need more help and we can work from there.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Lic%20light%20Feb%2019.pdf