Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I had eibach lowering springs and bielstein sport shocks

Customer Question

i had eibach lowering springs and bielstein sport shocks insatalled on my 2000 bmw z3, and it was lowered so much that even with a camber kit, i needed to install inserts on the springs to get a reasonable rear camber. the suspension is now so stiff, that i'm not sure if it is safe to drive, or do i just need to get used to it.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
what exactly is your question? if the car is safe to drive?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also if the suspension is actually stiffer than it should be, and if it is ,is there a fix without changing the whole system. thank you
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
if the suspension is so stiff that the car bounces and you lose traction / steering control, then it is unsafe.
if it is just still and uncomfortable but you still retain perfect control and road connection, then it is not unsafe
there is no fix other than changing out the system.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.