BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

My bmw needs a new battery. my husband said he can put in a…

Customer Question
My bmw needs a new...
My bmw needs a new battery. my husband said he can put in a new one. It is completely dead. Can i buy a battery from any where for my bmw 5 series?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
2/18/2016
BMW Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

You need to stick with either a Bosch battery or BMW OEM battery if you do not want electrical system failures due to using the incorrect type battery

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?