BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Kenney here. 2007 BMW 750LI, 93400 miles. I have been having…

Customer Question
Kenney here. 2007 BMW 750LI...
Kenney here. 2007 BMW 750LI, 93400 miles. I have been having this dynamic drive inactive alert. Alert appears when taking on/off ramps and once when backing out of driveway. It also happens when turning on streets at slow speeds. Took to dealer when it first happened. Dealer stated battery was being drained by convenience rear passenger door handle. Replaced battery and door handle. On the way home alert reappeared. Took car to non dealer mechanic. Tire pressure was off. He corrected tire pressure, just as I had done before taking to dealer. He stated car had several faults. He cleared them all. Week later alarms reappeared. The alert stays on while driving and when car is shut off and cranked alert is gone. Mechanic stated until the alert stays on, it is intermittent. i did some research and everything points to alternator. I checked voltage on cluster hidden menu. Got no higher than 14.8 V. Everything I saw stated it should be at 15.1 or more. Very fustrated about this annoying alert. Can I please get some professional help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/16/2016
BMW Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 2 years ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

The dealer is your best bet for this, but you need a better tech to diagnose this issue. The need to do drainage tests again and bi-directional tests with their scan tool to see where the problem is at. Seeing that this can be a potential danger hazard, the service manager needs to get involved too.

Thanks, Ron