BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

, I have a 2007 bmw x5 4.8 wife started a few days ago…

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 bmw x5 4.8 wife started a few days ago would go in gear. she messed around with it and it finally went in gear. she backed up twenty feet it died and will not start back up. turns over but will not start. checked the relay by passed it still nothing. we have fuel to the rail

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
are we there
2/15/2016
BMW Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, although there is fuel at the fuel rail, it doesnt always translate into enough for engine to crank. So you need to check the fuel pressure with key on and engine off with a fuel pressure gage and let me know the pressure.

If pressure is good, then we will need to check the injectors for a pulse signal from the computer using noid lights and if ok, then spark will need to be tested along with rpm signal from crank sensor

MY PROBLEM IS NOT FIXED YET. mY WIFE NOW TELLS ME SHE WAS BACKING OUT OF THE GARAGE AND ACCIDENTLY HIT THE START STOP BOTTON AND KILLED THE CAR. iT HAS NOT RESTARTED SINCE
I am sure that the security system has shut off the car I do not know if there is a way to reset the security.

I will need to opt out and see if another expert can help as I dont have a DIY reset procedure, only with a scan tool. If another expert does have a method, they will post here