peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

2009 mini ***** ***** code 287d vanos inlet actuator

Customer Question

hi, 2009 mini ***** ***** code 287d vanos inlet actuator movement and code 2870 vanos inlet adaptation stop ,i replaced camshaft solenoid adjuster and still doing same thing, I check the timing chain and is ok do not make any noise,what could be the problem
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: check engine light on and no power, like something is pluged
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The fault codes will need to be fully diagnosed to locate the fault here.This may be an issue with a worn timing component causing this fault here needing replaced.This is usually most common.I would have the timing components checked/tested to see if the fault can be pinpointed and then from there it can be repaired.If these have already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete