BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

I have a 97 bmw and it's running a rough idle with

Customer Question
hesitation to cut off when...
I have a 97 bmw and it's running a rough idle with hesitation to cut off when stopped in drive or park. The check engine light is on and code p1189 is coming up and I need to get it smogged. Just bought the car can you please help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
2/3/2016
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 1 year ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What kind of help are you seeking with this?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a 97 bmw 328i and when it's in park it idles rough with hesitation to cut off and when in drive at a stop it idles rough with hesitation to cut off. Check engine light is on and getting a code read of p1189 and I just got the vehicle can you please help
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You're not answering my question
hi,
I am not sure what your question is? I am not sure what kind of "help" you are seeking.
Did you want to know possible causes? did you want a shop recommendation? something else?
please confirm and I will be happy to answer.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What could be causing this to happen
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
the most common cause would be an intake air leak or failed crankcase vent valve.
other possible causes would be a severe airflow restriction, low fuel pressure or failing airflow sensor.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
.
if there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating
Steve
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert